NOSH Food Rescue NPC aims to reduce food insecurity, by diverting, repurposing, and redistributing prepared and perishable surplus food that is still wholesome and nutritious.
A South Africa without hunger and zero food waste in landfills!
- Responsibility, Accountability, Transparency
- Collaboration and co-operation
- Hands on, not hands out
- Leadership and vision
- Community involvement & inclusivity
- Embracing diversity (of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, multiculturalism, economic level, age, physical, job status, marital status)
- Compassion, respect and dignity
- Responsible stewardship, sustainability and husbandry of resources
We encourage and welcome anyone who would like to help us make a difference! We also work with local and international volunteer platforms such as WWOOOF, WorkAway, HelpX, CommUnityHours SA and AEISEC to achieve the Nosh dream.
- Helping Nosh help others is becoming even easierOctober has brought two exciting milestones which have been an agonisingly long, red-tape-fraught time in the making! …
- Recommended Reading – October 2021Book review There are more and more lovely books out there which have bearing on food waste, …
- Meeting the growing Nosh Team – Lucinda JordaanAuthor, former journalist and copy editor, Lucinda Jordaan is an independent Media and Communications Consultant with extensive …
- We talk to GaiaUWe’re super excited to be invited to present a video talk to the learners and facilitators of …
- NOSH “Odd Box Picnic”NOSH “Odd Box Picnic”21 March 2021 – Human Rights DayVictoria Yards, Lorentzville On Sunday, 21 March, NOSH …
- NOSH-letter – Noting Our Shining Heroes!With schools reopening this week, our first “Noshletter” simply had to showcase the Tshepang Care Centre. The …