NOSH Food Rescue NPC aims to reduce food insecurity, by diverting, repurposing, and redistributing prepared and perishable surplus food that is still wholesome and nutritious.
A South Africa without hunger and zero food waste in landfills!
- Responsibility, Accountability, Transparency
- Collaboration and co-operation
- Hands on, not hands out
- Leadership and vision
- Community involvement & inclusivity
- Embracing diversity (of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, multiculturalism, economic level, age, physical, job status, marital status)
- Compassion, respect and dignity
- Responsible stewardship, sustainability and husbandry of resources
We encourage and welcome anyone who would like to help us make a difference! We also work with local and international volunteer platforms such as WWOOOF, WorkAway, HelpX, CommUnityHours SA and AEISEC to achieve the Nosh dream.
- Nosh Odd Plate Dinners – What goes on behind the scenes?16th October 2020 – Thava Indian Restaurant From the Guests’ perspective, an Odd Plate Dinner appears to be all …
- ODD PLATE DINNER – A culinary experience with a difference.NOSH Food Rescue hosted their 1st post Covid-19 fundraising Odd Plate Dinner last Friday 16th October at …
- NOSH Odd Plate Dinner – 16 October 202016 October is World Food DayCome and join us at Thava Indian Restaurant for a culinary experience …
- World Environment Day 2020The UN Environment Programme (UNEP) annually organizes events for World Environment Day, which encourages worldwide awareness and …
- Kitchens With CompassionDuring Lockdown 2020, NOSH Food Rescue continues to rescue food and feed those in need. We have …