NOSH Food Rescue NPC aims to reduce food insecurity, by diverting, repurposing, and redistributing prepared and perishable surplus food that is still wholesome and nutritious.
A South Africa without hunger and zero food waste in landfills!
- Responsibility, Accountability, Transparency
- Collaboration and co-operation
- Hands on, not hands out
- Leadership and vision
- Community involvement & inclusivity
- Embracing diversity (of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, multiculturalism, economic level, age, physical, job status, marital status)
- Compassion, respect and dignity
- Responsible stewardship, sustainability and husbandry of resources
We encourage and welcome anyone who would like to help us make a difference! We also work with local and international volunteer platforms such as WWOOOF, WorkAway, HelpX, CommUnityHours SA and AEISEC to achieve the Nosh dream.
- NOSH “Odd Box Picnic”NOSH “Odd Box Picnic”21 March 2021 – Human Rights DayVictoria Yards, Lorentzville On Sunday, 21 March, NOSH …
- NOSH-letter – Noting Our Shining Heroes!With schools reopening this week, our first “Noshletter” simply had to showcase the Tshepang Care Centre. The …
- Approximately 800 tonnes of food rescued! NOSH Festive Season Drive.Wow, 2020 has been a challenging year for all of us! The Nosh team would like to …
- Nosh an official Associate Signatory of the Voluntary Agreement.The Consumer Goods Council of South Africa (CGCSA) recently launched the South African Food Loss and Waste …
- NOSH ODD PLATE DINNER … SUNSET ON THE BALCONY BAR.Come and join the NOSH team at the JHB Culinary & Pastry School for a gastronomic experience …
- World Diabetes Day 2020According to research from the International Diabetes Foundation, approximately 7% of the adults in South Africa – …