NOSH Food Rescue NPC aims to reduce food insecurity by diverting, repurposing and redistributing surplus food – prepared and perishable – that is still wholesome and nutritious.
A South Africa without hunger and zero food waste in landfills!
- Responsibility, Accountability, Transparency
- Collaboration and co-operation
- Hands on, not hands out
- Leadership and vision
- Community involvement & inclusivity
- Embracing diversity (of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, multiculturalism, economic level, age, physical, job status, marital status)
- Compassion, respect and dignity
- Responsible stewardship, sustainability and husbandry of resources
We encourage and welcome anyone who would like to help us make a difference! We also work with local and international volunteer platforms such as WWOOOF, WorkAway, HelpX, CommUnityHours SA and AEISEC to achieve the Nosh dream.
- Recommended Reading – February 2022There are more and more lovely books out there which have bearing on food waste, using up …
- Meet the team – Ilet JonkerIlet has been a staunch Nosh supporter from the beginning of our journey in 2015 and eventually …
- Nosh in a Circular EconomyWritten by Angela Ludek Food and the planet go hand in hand. Systems Change Thinking, through the …
- Meet the Team – Esi AddaeEsi joined us in October 2021 initially with the idea that she would be hauling tonnes of …
- Helping Nosh help others is becoming even easierOctober has brought two exciting milestones which have been an agonisingly long, red-tape-fraught time in the making! …
- Recommended Reading – October 2021Book review There are more and more lovely books out there which have bearing on food waste, …